Thursday, January 29, 2015

A Year Full Of Recipes

I've always loved the idea of cooking every recipe in a cook book. Recently I was given a new cook book for my birthday that looked like just the right book to use!
The Cookable Book!
It's called A Year Full Of Recipes: 365 recipes, one for every day of the year plus 1 for a leap year.

It's published by Parragon Books Ltd in the United Kingdom, and I'm based in Melbourne, Australia. I often find when using cook books from other countries that it's difficult to find certain ingredients, but I'm hoping that since the UK has more similar products to Australia than the United States do that I won't have too many problems. The ingredients are listed in metric AND imperial though, so all readers will be able to use it.

The cook book is set up by dates. It runs from January 1st to December 31st. It's pretty tempting to cook through it by date and make it a full year project, but unfortunately it's not possible for me for the reasons listed below.
An example of how the book is set out using dates
Firstly, I live alone, and a lot of these recipes are for 4, which means that I'll be having them for lunches and dinners and probably two days in a row, so it's just not practical. Secondly, because the book is from the UK the seasons are opposite. The book is very cleverly organised so that winter foods are used in winter months, and the recipes reflect the need for hearty warm foods; the summer months have more salads and light foods for that period. I could, in theory, just cook the June foods in January and follow it on from there, but instead I am going to just cook the items when I can and blog about them afterwards. It will be a slower process, but I'm excited about it nevertheless.
Each month has pretty pictures too

No comments:

Post a Comment